Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thoughts on personal growth from one of my heroes

This is a post from Stephanie Nielsen, one of my heroes. I could not agree more with her. I love this post, and I wanted to share this inspiring words with you. These are especially poignant to me right now.

http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2014/10/growth.html?m=1

Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges and to develop strength
 without any struggle.
I have learned that growth cannot come by taking the easy way. 
 We must be careful that we don’t resent the very things that help will help us
stretch and grow and help us come to know our potential, and our divine nature.
Not one of the trials and tribulations we face is beyond our limits,
 because we have access to help from the Lord.
We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us and will 
continue to strengthen us when, and especially when, times are hard.
I have felt this, I know this and utilize this knowledge everyday.
I hope when life is hard for you, or when you question the very beliefs that
have supported you all your life, or when someone you know (or don't know)
offends you and those precious beliefs, you remember to hold on to
what you know to be true and stand firm.

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith
Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment