Saturday, February 28, 2015

Waaahoooooo!!! I did it!!!

Yes.
I did it.
I. SWAM. A. MILE!

I didn't think it would be this soon. I am so thankful for this body that God has given me! I am thankful that after all I have been through, God is giving me the chance to exercise my body and to build strength and endurance again. It is such a blessing to have a healthy body! I feel that because I know I can do this, now, the possibilities are even greater. I will keep working, and I will keep progressing.

For those of you that don't know  much of my story, just know that 1 year ago, I started physical therapy because I was still having trouble walking a year and a half after my son was born. Stairs were a great challenge, walking around the block, unthinkable at that point. But I knew God would bless me, and he did. First of all, he blessed me with a helpful and supportive husband, and a wonderful son to brighten my life. He blessed me with 2 amazing physical therapists, as well as an amazing counselor, a place that I could swim while John plays and has a blast, and I am doing so much better now!

And, although my muscles feel a little like Jello, it's a good Jello feeling. As I used to tell my therapist Andrew, I know that I worked hard enough that I got a great workout, but not so much that I can function afterwards. That's the right kind of Jello-feeling.

I think I might try to fit in a mile swim once a month, now that I know I can do it. This first time, it took me 51 min. 48 sec. That gives me a lot of room for improvement :) Here's the record I'm keeping. It keeps changing as I get better and better. It is so great to look back, only to see how far I've come.


Now I plan to "Just keep swimming."

No comments:

Post a Comment