Thursday, May 23, 2013

John's 9 Months Old! 4-30-13

At John's 9 Month Check up, he stats were:
Height 28.75 in. - 75th%
Weight 21 lbs. 1 oz. - 75th%
Head Circumference 45 cm. - 50th%
Our pediatrician said that they probably measured his head in different places so that his head measurement is still the same size as last time. She said it's nothing to worry about, and he's doing great! Healthy on all accounts, and we are so thankful for that.
John doesn't love wearing a bib, but when I don't insist that he wears one...this is usually the result. John's happy about it though, so I just have to smile.
My mom came to visit, and she asked if I ever spoke Spanish with John. Not really, I replied. Then she said that in some families, one parent speaks English with a child, and the other Spanish, and the child becomes bilingual that way. I had kind of given up my bilingual children dream when I understood and finally respected that Seth really just doesn't want to learn Spanish. But what my mom said made me think that I could still speak Spanish with John, and maybe something will come of it! So during the day, I try to only speak Spanish with John, and this is a good age to start because the communication he understands right now is mostly facial expressions and gestures, so we can learn Spanish together!
I know I am biased, but I don't think I've seen a more beautiful face.
John kind of army crawls in a circle, and rolls over to get things that he wants. He's getting a lot stronger, and  has pushed up off the ground with his tummy a few times.
This picture of John reminds me so much of one of Seth's baby pictures. People often tell Seth that John looks like me, and people tell me that John looks like Seth. I see both of us in him most of the time, but in this picture, I see Seth.
John's first word might be "Hey." He says it quite often, and sometimes uses it to get our attention, so maybe you could call that a word. "Hey!"
John loves to eat Spinach. Maybe he'll be as strong as Popeye the Sailor man, but  hopefully with no tattoos.


"Seriously? Do we really have to take more pictures?"

This was John's very first experience with grass. He loves it! Especially putting it in his mouth :)

Bert and Ernie are still John's favorite fingers. When they're in business, it usually means  someone needs a nap!
Sleepy Face

John's 2 teeth on the top are coming down. You can see them through his gums, although they haven't broken the surface yet. Any week now!
John is our little explorer. He loves touching things, and then putting them in his mouth of course. He especially loves toys that aren't actually toys, so I am constantly trying to find things of that nature that aren't dangerous or dirty.
I just love my boys. Life is good.
John Robert Wagner 9 months old 5-1-13

5 comments:

  1. Your little man is so cute. I love reading about him and love watching him grow. Alicia is 10 months now so its so cool that they are so close in age, I can relate. And that's awesome your teaching him spanish. I only speak spanish to Alicia. Jimmy only english. We've done this from the beginning and we are used to it. Alicia's first real word was agua! So its workin. Nways I am so glad I get to read how you guys are doing. Lets keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! We really should keep in touch! And that is so cool that you guys are teaching Alicia to be bilingual too. I just wish I had you around to help me with all the Spanish words I don't know like "Let's wipe your face" "Please don't pull my hair." "You dropped your Moose." They just didn't teach those in college :)

      Delete
  2. I like the vids and pics! I can't wait to see John in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ricky! We don't mind being second to John :) We're used to it. He just outshines us, he's so cute. But we know that you love us too! After all, we are John's parents ;)

      Delete