Thursday, July 11, 2013

Seth's First Father's Day 2013


For Father's Day, I made a make-shift children's book about my Dad, Grandpa John. Baby John loved reading it and looking at the pictures and turning the pages. We read it for him on Skype and made a video as well. John really has a connection with his Grandpa John, and I believe his Grandpa Robert, both of whom he is named after. I am grateful that he has these 2 men to look up to.


John and I tried to make it a special 1st Father's Day for Seth. We let him take a long Sunday nap while we made him a special dinner. Roasted potatoes and veggies, salad and a grilled steak.
That is not a common occurrence at our house, so it was a very special dinner. Baby John sure wanted to get at it.
We had fun eating out on our backyard picnic table in the perfect weather, and pushing John in his baby swing. Then I gave Seth a massage to finish off a good day.

John just adores his father. He starts getting a little fussy around 5:00pm. I think he can feel that Daddy is coming home soon, and he just can't wait. He hears the back door open and gets so alert, just waiting for Daddy to round the corner, and then lights up with a huge grin when he comes in the room. He truly is "so glad when Daddy comes home." That hour and a half that we have all together as a family each day is our precious time. It is the best time of the day.


 Seth is such a dedicated and helpful father. He works so hard to support our family and provide for us, but at the same time, does all he can to spend time with us and be there for us. He is so helpful around the house and shares the responsibilities of caring for John equally with me. He always gives John baths because it's hard on my knees to kneel in our tiny bathroom. He gets on the floor to crawl around and play with John, reads him books, feeds him, sings to him. He is an all around good Dad. And the most important thing is that he loves us. He loves us so much, and we love him. 
I knew that Seth would be a wonderful husband and father when I married him, but I never could have foreseen how selfless, kind and compassionate he would be. We have struggled through our own set of trials in these last 7 years, and Seth has been by my side every step of the way to hold my hand, put this arm around me and even carry me on some parts of our journey together. I didn't know that my love for Seth could grow so much in such a short time, but as I have seen him become a father and step into his role with such diligence and care, my love for him has truly deepened, and I know it will continue to grow as we raise John and our future children together. 
Father's are so special, with a very special love. They watch us and protect us. They guide us and direct us back to our home above.

Thanks for being such a wonderful father and husband, Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment