Monday, July 21, 2014

Date night

We have committed to having date night once a week. Sometimes that means that after John goes to bed we turn off all the electronics and stop cleaning and working and just spend time with each other. But it also means that we go out more regularly. It is really fun to get ready to go out and do something exciting together. This has truly enriched our marriage and blessed our relationship. There is nothing like regular date night to light the fire in your romance. Even when times are busy, or maybe even especially when times are busy it is so important to keep our relationship fresh and happy by spending time with each other just us as adults, spouses,  lovers, friends.
This picture was from our date night a few weeks ago.  We checked out Trader Joe's for the first time, we went to Barnes and Noble and bought a book, we sat down at a table outside the bookstore and we played a terrible game of chess. Yes it was my idea. I don't know why I thought I would have gotten better at this game with no practice… Seth kicked my trash! And we enjoyed a lovely drive together of our favorite neighborhoods around Chagrin Falls and Chesterland. We love it there; it is so beautiful!

Date night has really helped us to understand each other and to communicate better. It also just helps us to love each other more and do things for each other that makes the other feel loved. Like when Seth let me sleep in on Sunday and take care of John, and made me breakfast, and wrote me a love note, and left it in the fridge for me. And when Seth writes notes for me on the bathroom window like this one.
It is wonderful to be loved! And it is wonderful to love! So All you married people out there, commit to date night, spend time with your best friend and spouse, and light the fire of your romance again!

No comments:

Post a Comment