Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day 2015

I am exceedingly thankful to be the mother of this wonderful child. John is a great blessing to us!
We got to talk to Seth for 10 wonderful minutes. He looks happy and safe. And it seems like he is learning a lot. I'm very glad that he got to go to church today, and that it is so close by. It is truly a miracle that The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is pretty much everywhere in the world.
After church, we got to go to Reynoldsburg, Ohio, to visit my paternal grandma, Phyllis Paver Shepard. She was very glad to see us, and John really put a smile on her face. He was very sweet, and gave kisses, and said Happy Mother's Day!
At grandma's we also got to see some of our very favorite people, my aunt Laura (in red), and my aunt Candi (in black). John absolutely adores them, and the feeling is mutual. John was really excited about that pink flamingo. He carried it around almost the whole time. We got to see the video of aunt Laura skydiving yesterday. She is a daredevil!
I am thankful for the wonderful women in my life. There are too many to number. Our mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, friends, mentors, teachers. We are so blessed.

John is having a really hard time with Papa being gone. He does wonderfully when we go out, he was a little angel at church, and cuddled, and folded his arms, and played quietly the whole time. But when we get home, John struggles, he asks when Papas coming home, and it is like he knows that something's missing, and it is. It is lonely here without Seth. We sure miss him! 

Although there are many two-year-old tantrums when we are at home, I know that John loves me. I love him so much. When I called my mom, John told her, "I have mama!" So sweet. 

We are going to pretend like it is Mother's Day after Papa comes home. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment