Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hopeful Thursday

This picture of me and Seth was taken at my grandma Shepard's house years ago, although I am not sure how many years. Maybe three or four. I sure love this man. And I hope that he is having a wonderful life changing experience helping people in a very rural village of Kenya. I am excited to hear from him on Sunday, and know that he's safe.
I feel very hopeful today. God is blessing me with a renewed assurance and perspective. I felt like I mothered John very well, and we weathered any possible bumps in the day with composure.

I am very proud of John. I made a delicious vegan Caesar dressing from Oh She Glows cookbook, and put it on a delicious green salad with kale, lettuce, zucchini, carrots, and tomatoes. He ate his whole bowl-full, asked for seconds and ate that too!

Then we had a very pleasant family home evening, singing songs, saying the Pledge of Allegiance, praying, learning about Ruth in the Bible, and having a delicious banana muffin treat. I felt proud to be a mother today, and remembered that I have a very crucial job, and God is helping me.





No comments:

Post a Comment