Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Husband, the Handy Man!

I just had to write a post at how proud I am of my husband, the handy man! I am amazed at what Seth can do. He is so resourceful, and such a good problem solver and learner. He has fixed an oven, a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, a broken car side mirror that I may or may not have broken backing out of the garage....

Our washer broke last week. It wouldn't spin, and we had no idea what was wrong. Visions of $200 repair bills, or washer replacement were dancing through my head. But not calm and collected Seth. He investigated the problem, and went online to figure out what to do. He found this excellent video on You Tube:
And that told him exactly what our problem sounded like! Then he watched this video about how to fix it.
Then he took the washer apart following the instructions on the video. It was correct! It was the exact part on the video that had broken! He got on Amazon.com to find the part. It cost $3 including shipping! A store about 30 min away had the part for $25, but Seth ordered the one online, and it came within 4 days, and tonight he fixed the washer in less than a half an hour, and my clothes are washing this very moment!

I am one proud wife. Here's to do it yourself repairs and a resourceful spouse! Thanks Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment