Friday, April 17, 2015

And please bless Mama

Today started very rough. We have been potty training John, and the first couple days went great! And then everything fell apart. This morning, after four accidents in a row, and spending half the morning sitting in the bathroom with John (he would wait to be in his underpants 10 min. after I took him off the potty...) I was at my wits end, and in tears. I am grateful for my loving heavenly father who is patient with me even when I lost all patience.

I called my friend Kyla, and even though she was at the zoo, she took a few minutes to help me calm down, give some empathy and just listen.

Then, my sweet husband acknowledged what a hard day I was having, and did me a favor, by finding out that we will be spending the summer in Florham Park New Jersey. (so we can finally try to find an apartment!)

I was giving John a snack before nap time, and as I helped him say the prayer, I prompted him to say "Please bless Abuela" (who was on an airplane, we  miss her so much already!) and John , of his own accord said "and please bless Mama...and Papa." 

I started crying again, happy tears this time. It was like a light, a bean of sunshine bursting through the clouds. It was a sweet moment, God's answer to my prayer to be patient with John and to just love him.

After snack, we snuggled up to read a book, and John almost fell asleep in my arms. He was so tired! I decided not to give up, I would try again after naptime. Amazingly enough, after naptime, he didn't have a single accident for the rest of the day. And went potty four times. He was much better behaved in the afternoon, and so was I. My sweet husband came home, and really held to lighten the mood, and help us get back on track.

We will not give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment