Saturday, April 18, 2015

Laughter Helps to Heal My Soul

John couldn't ask for a better father. With Linda K. Burton, I "honor husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, and uncles who know who they are and who are doing their best to fulfill their God-given roles as described in the family proclamation, including righteously presiding and providing for and protecting their families." She continues, "It must be difficult, at best, for covenant men to live in a world that not only demeans their divine roles and responsibilities but also sends false messages about what it means to be a “real man.” One false message is “It’s all about me.” On the other end of the scale is the degrading and mocking message that husbands and fathers are no longer needed. I plead with you not to listen to Satan’s lies! He has forfeited that sacred privilege of ever becoming a husband or father. Because he is jealous of those who have the sacred roles he will never fill, he is intent on making “all men … miserable like unto himself”!8"Brothers and sisters, we need each other! As covenant-keeping women and men, we need to lift each other and help each other become the people the Lord would have us become. And we need to work together to lift the rising generation and help them reach their divine potential as heirs of eternal life. We could do as Elder Robert D. Hales and his wife, Mary, have done and follow the proverb “Thee lift me and I’ll lift thee, and we’ll ascend together.”9" ("We'll Ascend together", General Conference Apr. 2015). Her talk truly helps me to want to be more kind and gentle to Seth, to speak more words of appreciation and encouragement to him, and to remember more often how blessed I am.Click on the link above to learn more about how important and wonderful righteous men in our lives are.
Seth is such a great papa! John loves playing with him. It is so great when daddy is home! Fathers are so important. I love to hear when Seth makes John laugh. This is a truly beautiful sound :) It feels me with wonder, peace and joy.

And, if you were wondering why John has no pants on, it's because he's wearing big boy underpants with airplanes on them. Skipper from "Planes" to be exact. And he's stayed dry all day. It was a much better day today! Things are looking up!

---

I taught a family history class today at a women's conference for my church www.familysearch.org is an amazing free resource that helps people find records and documents and information about their family, and you can also now upload photos, stories, documents, even audio of their voices, to preserve family memories. I love finding out more about my heritage, and it is so exciting to see people light up as they learn more about where their grandparents came from and their great-grandparents, etc. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more!

No comments:

Post a Comment