Friday, October 11, 2013

John's 14 Months Old! 9-30-13

John is 14 months now, and it is such a fun age! Seriously, we are having so much fun with our little cherub.
John loves to ride around in his car. (1 year birthday present.) He likes us to push him around in it, and he honks the horn!
He loves bath time. Daddy always gives him his baths, and it's a good thing because John is a wiggler!
John is getting much more talkative (although he's not on camera because he's too distracted). Especially in the morning when I greet him and get him out of his crib he tells me all about his night, maybe his dreams. It all sounds very interesting. Someday soon, I'll know what they're about. John has been saying "Dada" for a while. When Seth comes home, John exclaims, "Dada!?" He just started saying "Mama" this month to my delight! When he sees my picture, or I hold him in front of the mirror, or when he's sad, he says, "Mama!" It is so wonderful!
He signs a lot now. leche-milk, mas-more (food), terminado-finished are the ones he does on his own without any cueing on our part. He understands so much too! I can see the comprehension on his face when I say something he knows. 
John's smile just gets bigger and bigger!
He's eating pretty well. He's not into the whole chewing thing completely, so we still have to puree or mash a lot of his food. He'll get it one of these days though. John is loving avocados, tomatoes, and beets.
He imitates us a lot more and watches our mouths closely when we talk. He loves to try to make animal noises. His most successful are "Quack, Quack!" and "Woof, woof!"


John absolutely loves nature. He loves to be outside and to touch everything!
He's started doing this thing when he's super excited. He scrunches up his shoulders and makes this crazy smile.

I'm so thankful he's a snuggler. I love to cuddle with him!
Highlights this month were taking family pictures at the Holden Arboretum, going on a week long vacation in Massachusetts as a family, my birthday, and John starting to walk.
And we just can't kiss him enough! He is so kissable!

John's started free standing! He can get himself up with minimal support, and lets go of things with both hands. It's hard to believe! He's so grown up!
 I have the best job. To be a mother to this angel!



He's still our little reader. His favorite books have flaps. He loves to lift them up and see what's underneath.


                                        I don't think I can really express how much we adore our little boy. After we put him to bed at night, we often look at pictures of him, and watch videos of him. We just can't get enough! He brings so much joy to us!








John's started to feed me at meal time. I'll put some food in his mouth, then he'll pick up a piece and offer it to me. He thinks it is so hilarious. He laughs so hard, he can't even keep his hand still enough to get it in my mouth! We have a lot of laughs together.


John's starting to love music! When I put the radio on, he always speeds over to hear what's playing. He particularly likes to dance to latino music (to Seth's horror). I don't particularly like the song that was playing, but, I had to tape John. He was trying to kick his leg and dance :)

And our little guy has started walking with his push toys! He is doing really great pulling himself up in a quick motion, and walking/pushing chairs and toys, and he's almost at the point where he can hold one of our hands and walk on his own. We are so proud!


Bert and Ernie are still in business.
On the move!
How we love you son!

3 comments:

  1. Fun post! James would "like to play with that car." :) I will send you a box of clothes and shoes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like such a happy little guy!!! I love his smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like such a happy little guy!!! I love his smile!!! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete