Sunday, March 23, 2014

John - What a Joy!

3-19-14
When I bend over to touch my toes and stretch, John will always come over, sucking on his two favorite fingers and give me a hug. He pats my face with his other hand, and it is one of the most endearing experiences I've had. I love it! I love cuddling with him! Sometimes when I'm laying down, he'll come and lay with me and cuddle. He is so sweet. I am thankful he will take a couple moments out of his business (and boy is he busy!) to give me some loves. What a blessing it is to be a mother!

3-23-14
John is really on the go now! He can run. He loves to dance. He loves music, and waves his arms whenever he hears music playing. He is good at telling me which songs he wants me to sing by doing the motions, and he can even sing "EIEIO" But usually he adds something like "EIEIObo" :)

He gets into everything! He has 100% curiousity and  0% fear. A dangerous combination. So I'm on the run a lot trying to protect him from his own fearlessness. But thankfully the Lord has protected him so much, and has helped me to. It's amazing that so many people live past the age of 4! A miracle.

John was crawling through our sunroom and his onesie got stuck on the widow latch, and he was suspended. He thought it was great fun, and was laughing and laughing until he thought we weren't going to get him down. But, we did. Don't worry.



While Jeena (Seth's mom) was visiting us, she helped me get my wheatgrass juice production going again, and we've been drinking it for the last week. Each day I've gotten John to drink a sip. You should see his face after he drinks it. It's hilarious! He starting to get wise of the smell and the color, so I've had to be pretty sneaky about changing the container each day, or getting him distracted. I know how good for him it is, and even if it's only a sip a day, he'll be used to it, and he'll get like a million nutrients in his wonderful little body to help him stay healthy. He loves to feel the grass and eat the wheat sprouts. He can say "Pasto" (grass) loud and clear.

He doesn't love to sit still these days, and is desperate to go outside! He loves it outside! He recognizes that word in English and Spanish, and often points at his coat and asks for his shoes. John is talking and talking. You can say a word sometimes only once and he can repeat it and remember what it means. Incredible! It is truly a miracle to watch him learn. He is so observant. He watches your mouth when you talk, and he loves to copy us. Since my lasik surgery, I've had to use a lot of eye drops, and John likes to try to do the same, but ends up jabbing himself in the eye to his dismay... (as an update, my eyes are feeling better each day. We're 2 weeks out now, and I feel it is a miracle to open my eyes and see so well. The most amazing things is to see the buds on the tops of the trees across the street with such clarity. It feels like I've never seen them before. Maybe I wasn't looking. But now I am, and I'm thankful)

We spend a lot of time looking out the window listening for and watching pajaros/birds "Palo" and squirrels/ardias "curl"/"ahdeea." John is in love with them. The world is such an interesting place. John is helping me to enjoy that, and to see the beauty and wonder in a Robin digging for worms in our yard, in the swirling snowflakes (yes, there were snowflakes today...), in the trees and the grass.

I've been meditating a lot lately. In one of the meditations I do, it starts out imagining a time when you were the most happy. I always automatically imagine times when Seth and I are chasing John around the floor getting ready to tickle him, and John is having the time of his life, and laughing as hard as he can. It is the most contagious, happy laugh I've ever heard. It is music to my ears, perhaps the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. How we love John. He brings so much sunshine to our lives. We are so happy to be parents together.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to read about your happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wonderful Jill. Thank you! I am so happy we are friends :)

      Delete