Friday, September 26, 2014

Emily's 28th birthday dinner

To celebrate my 28th birthday, Seth took me to dinner close to downtown at the Black Creek Bistro. Our friend, Esther Olsen was very kind to babysit John for us, and John adores her! It's cool that the Black Creek Bistro uses local food in season.

I really enjoyed their hummus platter.
The duck tostadas were pretty exotic. Duck is a much more oily meat than others. It was interesting.
We ordered mussels to share, but then Seth got to enjoy them by himself because the waitress didn't realize that butter is also included in the blanket statement, "I am allergic to all dairy." Poor gal. She was very embarrassed. I assured her I wasn't put out. They comped the mussels, and brought us a yummy pasta dish.
Then Seth and I took a stroll down by the river on what seems like Columbus' lovers' lane. It is right across from the Ohio Supreme Court House. There are beautiful plants, fountains and even bench swings.
I loved how these trees were so clearly reflected in the still water of this fountain.
We just had to check out the giant gavel by the courthouse.
And the river is under major construction, so it doesn't look that pretty, but there were many giant construction vehicles, and I had to take a picture of this "Digger!" for John's sake. He loves reading about them in books.
I sure love this man! It's going to be a crazy and wonderful year!
I'm excited for date night tonight! Date night is so essential to keeping marriage happy, especially when you have children, and your husband works 80 hours a week. It's hard to believe that I can count the hours that we've seen Seth this week, and that I can't count how many times John has asked me, "Where's Papa?" This is quite the transition for us after having Seth home around 5:30 every night for 6 years. Seth is doing a great job. He is working hard, and somehow, he's keeping up. I am very proud of him, and I know God will sustain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment