Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wash hands?

At least 10 times a day John asks me the question, "wash hands?" He can finally stand on a stool and reach the stream of water from the faucet, so I don't have to hold him up to the sink, which is physically very challenging for me. Yesterday he asked me again, "wash hands?" And I needed to do the dishes, so I thought, why not? So I got out a few kitchen things, turn on a small stream of water, and John "washed hands" for 20 minutes! Glorious! We are finally branching out to independent play time! Have to let some expectations go. John's shirt was soaked with water, as was the whole bathroom floor, and I did have to go back and turn on the faucet for him about 10 times. But he was so happy. And he really enjoyed himself! And I got to get the dishes done!

No comments:

Post a Comment