Monday, December 23, 2013

Counting our Blessings Today

Today we are so thankful! We had loved ones having surgeries in the hospital last night, and they made it through. I know God hears our prayers.

I watched these videos and counted my blessings and didn't care as much about what's under the tree but what God has already given me: Humanitarian Service Videos

These videos make me want to give everything I have away to people who need it more and to spend the rest of my life helping people. They also help me to be thankful for the things I take for granted, like clean running water, a little toddler that is capable of running away and throwing tantrums (yes, I could be thankful for that :), a husband that works hard and comes home to have dinner with us each night at 5:30, the blankets I sleep under in my safe, warm bed, the legs I have that walk...

Most of all, I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ who loved us all enough to come here to live and die for us and conquer death that we may all live again in eternal happiness.


What are you thankful for?

Have you heard this beautiful song?
I love it, as well as this one:
These songs remind me of why we have Christmas. So, as you might feel the stress of the holidays creeping up on you, take a moment to think of your blessings and remember that the true spirit of Christmas is the spirit of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment