Friday, May 2, 2014

Chicago Visit April 2014

We had a wonderful visit with my family in Chicago in April! John just adores Bebe (Grandma) and Cece (Grandpa).




We are so proud of Uncle Trey for serving a mini-mission for the weekend. We were so glad we could help him get ready. As soon as he came home, he started filling-out his mission application. 
Trey will be a great missionary, just like his brother Jacob. John looks up to Trey so much. He calls him on the phone often (pretending) and loves to talk about him. I hope John will follow in his uncles (and father's - of course) footsteps, and serve the Lord as a missionary.
Uncle Trey and Aunt Ashley taught John how to do "Bones." Now John does it all the time.
We had a great time playing Euchre with my mom and Dad. I also went on a shopping spree (well, spree for me) with my Mom to Goodwill. We found some great treasures, including those awesome boots John is wearing above! My mom has painstakingly been working on painting our family room (see above and below), and she ran out of time to paint the hallway. Seth and I were so glad that we could finish painting it. We started helping with that room at least a year ago, patching walls that someone might have kicked or punched a hole in... (after 7 teenagers...what could you expect?) It looks so beautiful now, and I am so happy my Mom can take a rest from painting!
Aunt Ashely was so sweet to babysit John for us so that we could attend the temple. John loves spending time with her! And it is so cute to hear him say "Ashee!" 

I can't believe how grown up my baby brother and sister are!
Thanks for a great visit Bebe, Cece, Trey and Ashley! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment