Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Grateful to be a Woman and a Mother

Today I am thankful to be a woman and a mother. It is a divine role, and important one, and I know that I, and all women, are important, and that Heavenly Father knows and loves us.

This quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley, former prophet of our church, inspired me today as I read this excellent talk by Sister Elaine S. Dalton:


"We must never lose sight of the strength of the women. … It is motherswho most directly affect the lives of their children. … It is mothers whonurture them and bring them up in the ways of the Lord. Their influenceis paramount. 
"...They are the creators of life. They are the nurturers of children. Theyare the teachers of young women. They are our indispensablecompanions. They are our co-workers in building the kingdom of God.How great is their role, how marvelous their contribution.”


No comments:

Post a Comment