Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Thankful for My Yoga Corner, My Banana Hanger and My Spice Shelf

Since fireplace season is (hopefully) over now, we moved our second couch in front of it, and now our 2 couches face each other. It is quite a nice arrangement for many reasons. The carpet is between the couches, and it is a great place space for Baby John, and he only has 2 ways to escape which can be easily blocked by couch cushions! :) And it also frees up a large area by our big front window, kind of situated in a little nook in the living room. This place is perfect for my yoga mat and exerciser ball. I LOVE that I don't ever have to roll up my mat now, and I can just walk over and do a few poses at a time ANY time day or night, and it's not in the way. This corner is very conducive for yoga more than once a day. It is my little meditation corner for de-stressing and relaxation. I love it.
And I'm thankful for this beautiful creation! This is our banana hanger. I designed it, got the parts from Home Depot and Seth and I installed it. It is so fun, matches our kitchen, and frees up so much counter space! We eat a lot of bananas, at least 1.5 a day each, so it's great to be able to hang them up.
(Please excuse the poor quality of my phone picture) I use a lot of spices, a lot. I used to have them stored in a cupboard 6 deep. It was very frustrating. This is our new Spice Shelf, also Emily designed, and Seth and Emily built. There is something so satisfying about dreaming up a project and carrying it out yourself from start to finish. Figuring out which wood, how much, which screws and paint and tools. It was not easy to build it, but we got it done, and it is beautiful! Right when we finished it, I would sometimes just go in the kitchen to smile at it. (Ok, I still do :) And it resides inches away from my stove and makes cooking much easier and very fun.

I just love our house. It is really our home. We have a great place to live and I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome projects! I am thankful for our house and that you are coming to visit. Michael and I are going to do some bathroom projects next week and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete