Sunday, April 6, 2014

Messages Just for Me



John began watching General Conference with us absolutely mesmerized! He sat in his chair, he ate popcorn with Papa. He folded his hands and bowed his head for the prayers and said, "Amen!"
For a toddler, he really did quite well. He did his share of running around, whining, crying, shouting, etc. but I think it was overall a wonderful experience! (I mean really, it must be difficult to get through a whole weekend of your parents watching speakers talk.)

I was so proud when John recognized the prophet each time he came on to speak! He would say his version of, "el profeta!" He was also learning how to say "apostle," and he was very excited whenever he would see one of them. We have a picture of the prophet and all the apostles at the bottom of our stairs, as well as a picture of the Savior, and each time I bring him down the stairs, I ask him questions like, "Donde esta el profeta?/Where is the prophet? Donde esta Jesucristo?/Where is Jesus Christ?" And he will point and practice saying their names. I didn't realize how much that was really helping John to learn who they are, and that they are real. He is so trusting and believing. He will believe when I tell him those are living prophets, and that Jesus loves him. He believes they are real now, and they are. 
He liked sustaining the prophet and apostles, and would raise both his hands high in the air each time. John loved all the music, and would pay close attention, and wave his arm to direct the choir.
  Eventually, for the last hour of conference, we took the laptop outside so John could play with the dirt, mud, leaves, sticks, etc. 

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! Pres. Uchtdorf's and Elder Bednar's messages went straight to my heart. I know they were specifically for me. There were many more that also answered my prayers. I am so excited to read and listen to all the talks many times in the future. You can to, and it could change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment