Thursday, April 17, 2014

John is 20 Months Old!




 It was hard to get all three of them to look the same way and smile :) But we did our best.
 And we had fun doing it.
  John was all "pictured out by the time we tried to get a family shot.


3-19-14
When I bend over to touch my toes and stretch, John will always come over, sucking on his two favorite fingers and give me a hug. He pats my face with his other hand, and it is one of the most endearing experiences I've had. I love it! I love cuddling with him! Sometimes when I'm laying down, he'll come and lay with me and cuddle. He is so sweet. I am thankful he will take a couple moments out of his business (and boy is he busy!) to give me some loves. What a blessing it is to be a mother!

Seth has sure had to shovel A LOT of snow this winter! We have a very long driveway, and Seth has really had a lot of good work outs with the piles and piles of snow he has heaped up next to that driveway.
 John loves to watch his Papa shovel the snow from the 2 inches of window under the kitchen counter. He is so tall that he really has to duck not to hit his head going under the counter.
 He watches for his Papa to come home there.

I sure love my two boys! I am one lucky gal!

3-23-14
John is really on the go now! He can run. He loves to dance. He loves music, and waves his arms whenever he hears music playing. He is good at telling me which songs he wants me to sing by doing the motions, and he can even sing "EIEIO" But usually he adds something like "EIEIObo" :)

While Jeena (Seth's mom) was visiting us, she helped me get my wheatgrass juice production going again, and we've been drinking it for the last week. Each day I've gotten John to drink a sip. You should see his face after he drinks it. It's hilarious! He starting to get wise of the smell and the color, so I've had to be pretty sneaky about changing the container each day, or getting him distracted. I know how good for him it is, and even if it's only a sip a day, he'll be used to it, and he'll get like a million nutrients in his wonderful little body to help him stay healthy. He loves to feel the grass and eat the wheat sprouts. He can say "Pasto" (grass) loud and clear.
 John loves pine cones, and I learn so much from observing him. I learned a lesson from him this month that has truly changed my life and has shifted the way I see the things that I chose to do: Check it out HERE

He doesn't love to sit still these days, and is desperate to go outside! He loves it outside! He recognizes that word in English and Spanish, and often points at his coat and asks for his shoes. John is talking and talking. You can say a word sometimes only once and he can repeat it and remember what it means. Incredible! It is truly a miracle to watch him learn. He is so observant. He watches your mouth when you talk, and he loves to copy us. Since my lasik surgery, I've had to use a lot of eye drops, and John likes to try to do the same, but ends up jabbing himself in the eye to his dismay...

John is 100% curiosity, 0% fear... A dangerous combination that gets him looking like this more often than I would like:



We spend a lot of time looking out the window listening for and watching pajaros/birds "Palo" and squirrels/ardias "curl"/"ahdeea." John is in love with them. He calls to them very loudly as if they could really hear him and will come when he calls. The world is such an interesting place. John is helping me to enjoy that, and to see the beauty and wonder in a Robin digging for worms in our yard, in the swirling snowflakes (yes, there were snowflakes today...), in the trees and the grass.
 Just look at that little cutie! I'm in love!

I've been meditating a lot lately. In one of the meditations I do, it starts out imagining a time when you were the most happy. I always automatically imagine times when Seth and I are chasing John around the floor getting ready to tickle him, and John is having the time of his life, and laughing as hard as he can. It is the most contagious, happy laugh I've ever heard. It is music to my ears, perhaps the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. How we love John. He brings so much sunshine to our lives. We are so happy to be parents together.

3-26-14
John calls himself "Yawn"

3-30-14
John is getting to be so clever. He knows that we only put his socks on for an outing, at naptime and bedtime. Last night after we got him dressed after his bath, he took his socks and went to hide them in the playroom in those hopes that no socks would mean no bedtime. Seth caught him in the act ;)


3-31-14
John has really been expanding his pallet lately. The other day I had chopped a bunch of raw onions preparing them to saute, John asked me for one so I gave it to him. I expected him to put it in his mouth make a face and spit it out. But he chewed it up well at it and ask for more and then he ate another big chunk. It was truly amazing! He's done it again a number of times! I am very grateful that John is willing to try so many new things that will help his body to be healthy. I am also surprised that he is eating raw mushrooms as well as raw onions and he has also been able to chew some raw cauliflower and even raw broccoli. Of course he loves all kinds of fruit. He loves blackberries and grapes this month, and he really is getting into  strawberries and oranges as well now that he has more teeth.

He has also really been enjoying eating wheat sprouts. It seems like he can't get enough of those.
It is getting easier each day to get John to drink his wheatgrass juice. He just needs a good distraction, and he submits. he's drinking one and a half milliliters of straight juice now. I am sure that will boost his immune system .
When I watch John run around, and listen to all the words he knows, and see how fast he is learning, it is hard to believe that he was only crawling just a few months ago. My baby is growing up so fast. How we love and cherish our little angle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment