Thursday, April 3, 2014

General Women's Meeting

I was privileged last Saturday to participate in the General Women's Meeting of the Church. Although I watched from my home, I felt connected to and love for the women of my family, of the Church  and of the world. I felt so happy to be a woman, and especially to be a Latter-day Saint/Mormon woman. I am so blessed to have the knowledge that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me, and that I am doing a great and important work here upon this earth. I know that I am loved and valued. I hope that I will have daughters some day and be able to teach them these things. And I will teach my son to value and revere womanhood, to respect women. I know he already does. I can teach him by respecting and loving myself and who I am.

I am thankful for my mother, my sisters, my grandmas, my aunts, my mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, cousins, and friends. I am truly blessed. Thank you all for your love. I love you!



I wish I had pictures of Kristin and Sarah, and all the wonderful influential women in my life!



I felt so inspired in this meeting. I loved how even 8 year old girls were included. The desire to learn and to teach others to walk in the light was deepened.

I believe the messages by Sister Linda K. Burton and by President Henry B. Eyring were meant just for me, to help me to recognize the wrong in expecting myself to be perfect, and to remember and relearn that Christ wants me just as I am. He wants me to keep trying, and to never give up improving. But He will take me as I am. He loves me and He has already made up the difference for what I lack. The same applies to you, and to all people, all of God's precious children here on this earth.

I realized the great honor it is to be a member of Relief Society, God's divinely inspired organization for women here on this earth. I have had and do have many priceless opportunities to serve and to make a difference, and I have been served and blessed 100 fold. Right now, I am more in the category of needing help than giving help, but that gives others the chance to be Christlike, and me the chance to be humble and thankful, and to recognize that we all need each other.

You can watch the entire meeting in this video below, or you can access the video, audio and text (coming soon) of each individual talk and song (as well as the whole meeting) HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment