Monday, November 4, 2013

Choose Your Love; Love Your Choice and OSU Fisher Season Premiere

We just got back last night from Columbus and I wanted to give you and update. This weekend, Seth went to the Fisher College Season Premiere at Ohio State University. He liked it a lot. He got to meet all sorts of students, alumni, faculty and staff, wen't to a mock class, got an overview of the program, we did a tour of the campus, and Seth did his admissions interview. Seth really liked the Season Premiere, and he was impressed with the school.

We have been trying to prepare him for all the questions we thought were likely to come up, and he was ready for his interview! His interviewer was a very friendly, bubbly lady. All the questions he was asked were the ones we had prepared, except for two, but he had good answers come to his mind right away. This experience has reinforced that "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear." (D&C 38:30) and "Open your mouths and they shall be filled" (D&C 33:8 and 10) We've learned that if you put forth all your effort, and prepare the best you can, the Lord will always help you. Seth felt really good about his interview, and we are so grateful it all went well! 

(This is us at an OSU Football Game in 2008! Wow, it's amazing we've been in Ohio for 5 years. Who knows? Maybe we'll have a few more in Ohio, and maybe we'll go to a lot more OSU games :)

Seth's going to fly to Seattle next week for his University of Washington interview, and then to the University of Iowa the following week. We have yet to hear whether or not BYU wants to interview him. We will probably have all their decisions by Christmas time, and we'll decide where we're going shortly thereafter.

I am so thankful to have Seth as my eternal companion. He is such a good example to me. He went to the temple the night before his interview to seek comfort, guidance and strength from the Lord. He wakes up everyday at 5:00am so that he has plenty of time to pray and read the scriptures before he goes to the gym. He works so hard to support us, and keeps persevering even though his current role isn't what he'd like it to be. He is working to change his circumstances instead of complaining that he doesn't like them. he takes care of me and John, and is so thoughtful and loving. He always forgives me. I'm sorry to say that he has to quite often, and I'm frequently seeking his forgiveness for my many imperfections, but he always willingly gives it to me. I couldn't wish for a more hardworking, supportive and helpful spouse. I am so proud of him and grateful to have him in my life. We have so much fun together, and we absolutely love being John's parents together. How blessed we are! We look forward every day to that hour and a half we get to spend together each night as a family, and eat dinner together, sing, read scriptures and pray together. I am so glad I chose Seth and he chose me. We are so happy together.


Today I am reminded of something Pres. Monson has said in conference on multiple occasions, "Choose your love; Love your choice."
Those are words of wisdom that will bring happiness to all of us. Seth and I are past the point of choosing our love. We've chosen each other, and now we are loving our choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment