Friday, November 8, 2013

Today's Tender Mercy

I've been looking this week for the tender mercies of the Lord in my life. And I find, although there may be a lot of things to sort through, if we look, the Lord will spell them out for us, and we will be able to understand that He knows us, and He loves us.
I don't usually have a car during the day, and I'm so exhausted that I probably wouldn't venture out to the store or garage sales even if I did have a car. But lately I've been thinking that I'd really like some different clothes, some clothes that fit, that aren't 4 sizes too big. I've also been thinking that I'd like to get some letter fridge magnets for John to play with. I've only been thinking about it. I hadn't told someone or prayed about it. But I have been praying that the Lord would help me see His tender mercies in my life, and I have been reminded yet again that He answers heartfelt prayers.

We don't have family living in our area, but we do have a wonderful church or "ward" family who have helped us to feel that we are home here. Our neighbors, the Winder's are part of that ward family, and they are our dear friends. They just came over the other night, trekking across the vast 3 feet that separate our dwellings, just to chat for a bit, let us borrow their drill, and return some of our dishes. They sometimes call us "the Waggies" which I think is a fun pet name. They are dear friends.

Today John and Stella had a play date, and Beth and I were visiting. Beth happened to ask me if I'd like to have the clothes she didn't need anymore, and then she gave me an extra bag of fridge letter magnets that she had bought a garage sale that I couldn't go to. Coincidence? No, I'm sure it's not. Beth didn't know she was answering one of my prayers, but the Lord knew she would.

I know that my Heavenly Father was reminding me that He knows not only my every need, but my wants as well, and that He'll take care of me. Will He send everything I want basically on a silver platter like that? No, but He will bless me with what I need as I do my best, and He will even grace those needs with the silver lining of wants sometimes. He really does send His tender mercies to all those who will have faith in Him.

What tender mercies has the Lord sent you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment