Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween! 2013

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I do not like the scary, gross aspect of it. I don't think anyone needs more zombies or ax murderers in their lives, even if it is pretend. I am also not a fan of all the candy involved. I think the holiday was just created/exploited/promoted by the candy companies. I don't blame anyone for liking it, and I have very fond memories of Halloween as a kid. Anyways...thankfully, we didn't have to deal with the candy aspect at all this year. And I really think the funnest part about Halloween is dressing up adorable kids in fun costumes. And this little guy is the cutest monster I've ever seen!
Here's our friendly monster John!

He's not very scary, but pretty darn adorable!
John went as a monster to our ward (church) Halloween Party. It was so hot that he couldn't keep his hoodie on the whole time, but he still had a lot of fun watching all the kids and looking at their costumes.
I went as a fork in the road. Most people could guess my costume from just seeing it.
Although I hadn't thought so at first, Seth's costume was more elusive. Can you guess what he was?

He was a ceiling fan! Get it?
We got the monster costume, but weren't sure if we were going to keep it or not because our friends let us borrow this monkey costume. I just couldn't part with the monster suit in the end. He was too adorable in it. But it was fun to see him in both costumes!
Baby John had some pretty rough adventures this week. He is getting better at walking around the furniture, and sometimes tries to venture off on his own, sometimes to his own peril. Wood floors....not the best environment for kids to learn how to walk in. But I guess all kids get dinged up at this stage.
We were so glad he didn't actually injure his eye! It was a bit too close for my comfort, but thankfully, no lasting damage. He's all better now already!
Happy Halloween! Hope you had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment