Monday, November 25, 2013

Hola!

John is obsessed with cell phones right now. We don't let him have our cellphones, to his great dismay. So he turns all sorts of things into cell phones, anything with buttons or a screen the remote, a little electronic scrabble game, and things that are nothing like a phone, toy cars, blocks, etc. He holds it up to his ear and says, "Oh!" or "Ah!" Those both mean "Hola!" Then he shoves the pretend phone into my face because he wants me to say hola too. And then we repeat, all day long. It never gets old!
"Oh, this is a really fun car to play with!"
"Maybe it even tastes good! No. Not really. Maybe it would be a better cellphone than a snack."
"Hola! Yes, I'd like to place an order for a real cellphone. Yes, a REAL cellphone. This is just a car, and it doesn't get good reception." 
 "Who cares if I'm 15 months old!!? I WANT A REAL CELL PHONE!" 
"Well, I'm sorry I yelled at you. I guess this car phone isn't that bad after all."

I dropped my phone that I've had 9 months the other day. The screen barely cracked, and now that half of the screen doesn't work at all....so I had to get the old phone box out, and revert to my former phone that has a shattered screen on one side that surprisingly still works. But it's sure nice to be able to make calls and not feel so helpless and cut off from the world. And in the old phone box I found Seth's old blackberry and thought John might like to pretend with a real phone that's not hooked up to a network. He doesn't like it. He LOVES it! He's actually crazy about it and carries it everywhere. Now I'm wondering if this was a good decision....



No comments:

Post a Comment