Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy Positive Affirmations

Since John learned how to say "Happy" last week, I can't help but think about how if you focus on being happy, you'll be more happy, and the opposite is true as well.

Have you ever woken up and said to yourself or someone else. "I'm tired, and grumpy, and in pain, and depressed, and ugly, etc..." Did you feel any better after saying that? No. I'm sure you didn't.

If you don't feel happy and glad and grateful, try this:

Out loud (that's important - to say it out loud) repeat to yourself:

I am happy.
I feel grateful for... (add anything that you can think of that you appreciate)
I am full of energy.
I am at peace.
I am beautiful.
I am successful.
I feel joyful.
I am glad to be alive.
I feel healthy and well.
I choose to be happy and find joy in my situation.
I love my life.
I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
Every day in every way I'm getting better and better! (This is the one that I repeat to myself every morning and night. It really works!) Read THIS article about Emile Coue and the results he found from optimistic autosuggestion

I've been doing this, and it is really helping me.

Really, try it! These positive affirmations can make a huge difference in how you feel. Focusing on your blessings and speak positively to yourself and others, and you'll feel better about yourself and your life. Even if these words are not currently true, you can trick your subconscious into cooperating. Fake it 'til you make it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I do this in my challenge groups with all my challengers, having them write down positive affirmations and place them in high traffic areas on their house and then every time they see them they are supposed to repeat it out loud to themselves! The power of our minds is incredible!

    You are awesome, Emily! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan, your comment made my day! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete